Nannette, of Ko Restaurant, Maui offers up her gorgeous smile and the perfect Lilikoi Margarita.
Lilikoi (passion fruit) Margarita
Yield: Makes 1 cocktail | Total time: 5 min
One of the glories of sunset at The Fairmont Kea Lani is the lilikoi margarita. Recipe courtesy of Ko Bar.
- 1 1/4 ounces tequila, such as Sauza
- 3/4 ounce lilikoi (passion fruit) purée, such as The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley
- 3/4 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup*
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- *Li Hing Mui powder (or salt) for rimming the glass
- Garnishes: lime wedge, fresh orchid
*To make simple syrup, combine 3 parts water to 1 part sugar in a saucepan and let simmer until sugar dissolves. If it starts to crystallize, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker; add ice and shake. Rim glass, if desired, and strain lilikoi margarita over fresh ice in a glass. Garnish, if desired, with a lime wedge and a fresh orchid.
Date Published: January 29, 2013
All recipes have been tested by the KimSunée.com Test Kitchens unless otherwise noted.