Watermelon Feta Salad
Yield: 4 to 6 | Total time: 20 min
- 3 to 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 3 to 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas), lightly toasted
- Fresh herbs, such as basil, mint, and cilantro
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt flakes, such as Maldon or fleur de sel
- Optional: edible flowers, thinly sliced jalapeño, pinch smoked paprika
- There are various ways to serve this salad. You could peel and slice the watermelon and cucumber and crumble feta over or cube the ingredients for a pretty presentation. If cutting fruit and cheese into cubes, place the cut pieces in a pretty pattern on a serving platter (see photo). Add pumpkin seeds and fresh herbs. Drizzle with good olive oil and top with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes. Garnish, if desired, with edible flowers, sliced jalapeño or paprika.
Date Published: July 24, 2017
All recipes have been tested by the KimSunée.com Test Kitchens unless otherwise noted.