Iron Chef America: Judging with Jeffrey Steingarten and Andrew Knowlton

Iron Chef with Jeffrey Steingarten and Andrew Knowlton Battle Basil

Iron Chef with Jeffrey Steingarten and Andrew Knowlton Battle Basil

Iron Chef Battle Basil

Iron Chef Battle Basil

Tonight I make my first appearance as a judge on Iron Chef America, along with Jeffrey Steingarten of Vogue and Andrew Knowlton of Bon Appetit. This Food Network show has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I started watching the Japanese version when I moved back to the States.
Check local listings for times…My friends are hosting a viewing party. I’m a little nervous so hopefully there will be lots of mind-altering cocktails and a tiny screen…

All I can say for now is that I had a great time…more once the show has aired…

Comments

1. February 15, 2009 10:49 pm by Joe Reply

You looked beautiful tonight.

2. February 16, 2009 2:44 am by Sara Reply

Kim, You were fabulous…a real natural.

3. February 16, 2009 8:44 am by Bob Newman Reply

Who else could look so elegant while chomping down deep fried bone marrow and baked pancreas? You were great.

4. February 16, 2009 9:40 am by Pierino Reply

Good morning Keem. You looked radiant. Your hair was certainly nicer than Knowlton’s.

It’s sad that the challenger’s place, Fiamma, has just closed. It was a very good restaurant. Especially as I was once able to bar hop between there and Balthazar after getting off of the train.

Me, I would have voted for the challenger.

5. February 16, 2009 10:13 am by Suzy Reply

I thought your comments were very fair and thorough for each chef. I would have loved to have tasted the basil bass from the challenger and the basil cake from the Iron Chef.

6. February 16, 2009 5:05 pm by Gayle Reply

You were fabulous!! Very pithy comments and you took no stuff from the other judges. The camera loved you. Can’t wait for the next episode.

7. February 20, 2009 12:00 am by Seunghee Reply

Kim!
    You looked soooooo amazing! I would have voted for the challenger just because it looked like he knew what he was doing with his dishes. :)

8. February 20, 2009 12:10 am by Bonnie Reply

It just so happened I tuned into tonite’s repeat of Iron Chef! You did a wonderful job at the judge’s table. I will be searching out your book tomorrow. Look forward to seeing more of you on Iron Chef!

PS – Loved Country Living and till have the first issue.

9. February 20, 2009 12:20 am by Barb Reply

Great show tonite

10. February 20, 2009 8:20 pm by Evelyn Reply

Hi Kim, I was flipping channels and caught you on the show. How refereshing to have a new face! I am looking forward to more…

11. February 21, 2009 10:27 pm by Jason Reply

Hi Kim. I’m watching a rerun of the episode right now. Did not know there would be spoilers in the comments. Your books looks real interesting.

Sidenote: you should start a twitter to promote your things.

12. February 22, 2009 4:48 pm by Grace Reply

Kim- I happened to be channel surfing last night when Greg and I returned home. And, of course I tuned to the food channel. Iron Chef has always been a favorite of mine so I continued to watch. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw you. What a surprise. I thought you did a great job. Congrates on the book and your culinary writing success.

13. February 26, 2009 1:42 pm by Margaret Lee Reply

Kim,
    Wes and I saw you on the Iron Chef (our favorite!) while we were at the beach. You did a fantastic job! What an incredible opportunity. I hope you are doing well. Miss seeing you!
    Margaret

14. February 26, 2009 9:00 pm by Ji Hye Reply

Enjoyed your book and enjoyed your appearance as a judge on Iron Chef. Liked your comments and that you were not intimidated by the grumpy Jeffrey Steingarten.

15. March 5, 2009 2:05 am by Passionate Eater Reply

Darn, I missed the episode! I will have to keep my eye out for repeats, and industriously scour YouTube (especially given the positive reviews by your commenters). I am sure you did wonderfully!

16. March 5, 2009 8:59 pm by Gretchen Reply

Hi Kim–can you please post when the reruns of your episode will be so those of us that missed you can catch it another time? Maybe you have some inside info about when it will be replayed because I can’t find out anything…. thanks!

17. March 24, 2009 1:06 pm by Jaden Reply

OH honey I missed it!!!! Do you have video online?

xo, jaden

18. August 13, 2009 11:36 pm by Johnny Reply

I’m sure you were great. Anybody that can deliver criticism in a constructive manner is a crowd pleasure. There is more than one way to deliver a message.

Jeffrey Steingarten on the other hand is a rude and arrogant individual (to put it nicely). It was once said (referring to Steingarten), “Critics are like eunics in a harem. They know how to do it, they see it done all of the time, but cannot do it themselves.).”

19. March 28, 2010 8:22 pm by kathy Reply

Hello Kim Sunee…

I just started watching Iron Chef tonight and saw you. I had to google you of course! I was pleasantly surprised that you are a fellow Korean American Woman. I am the founder of KOKOliving.com – the Korean American Womens Online Community website and I’d love to feature you. Maybe do a mini interview?! I hope they use you as a judge more often. Can’t wait to hear back from you.

~ Kathy Choi-Lee

20. September 29, 2010 9:02 pm by giant bikes Reply

I’ve been looking at alot of different nice recipes. Thank you.