Hebrew Language Edition of Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home

Trail of Crumbs, Hebrew Language Edition, Arie Nir Publisher

This is a day of thanks: to the dedication of my agent, Joy Tutela, of the David Black Literary Agency who helped me get my book proposal into the hands of the talented and dedicated team at Grand Central. I was also so so fortunate to work with the brilliant AMY EINHORN (now of Amy Einhorn books whose first book under her own imprint is the runaway bestseller The Help by Kathryn Stockett).

As for the Hebrew edition of Trail of Crumbs: I was at a book signing in NYC a few years back and a Jewish photographer said he had heard my book was going to be published in Hebrew. “Isn’t that strange?” I replied.
He paused for a moment and said, “In the end…we’re all just searching for home.”

I’m happy to have found a home at Grand Central, at Minumsa (my Korean publisher), and now at Arie Nir in Tel Aviv.

Thank you thank you to everyone who gave Trail of Crumbs a home and to those who continue to read it; I am grateful.

Comments

1. August 25, 2010 10:00 pm by Jann Reply

What a breathtaking cover!!!!! Congratulations! How many languages are you in now?
    ciao ciao,
    jann

2. August 26, 2010 10:26 am by kim Reply

Thanks, Jann. It’s so different from the others but lovely and evocative. A Chinese edition is on its way, too…
    I hope you’re writing!

3. August 27, 2010 11:22 am by Bryan Reply

Great to see your wonderful book will now be available in Hebrew! Congratulations on having Trail of Crumbs in yet another language.

Restlessly awaiting your next work,
    B

4. August 27, 2010 12:04 pm by kim Reply

Thanks, B. It should be out in in stores in Israel in time for the Jewish New Year.

5. August 27, 2010 8:52 pm by Sally Reply

that is an amazing cover – wow! That alone would make me want to buy the book. Brilliant choice. Kudos!!!!

6. August 28, 2010 1:42 pm by Bumbelina Reply

dunno, but am thinking that title may literally translate to:

so ma, where are you going already..?

seriously, cheers to your good—and gracious—sense of humor, kim. and to your continuing success!

7. September 9, 2010 11:24 am by Inesa Reply

Dear Kim,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful and touching experience and feelings I had while reading your book, in Hebrew, my mother tongue.

At first I thought I should avid reading the book as I wouldn’t be able to bear the pain of reading about an abandoned child. But I couldn’t leave the book in the store and went back for it. I couldn’t stop reading it. It was so touching, real, deep, gentle, sensual, beautiful, inspiring and heart breaking (I’m sorry I can’t find better words, I’m not a native English speaker).

Thank you so much for this. I can’t wait to read more from you.

Blessings,
    Inesa
    Israel

• September 10, 2010 12:30 pm by kim Reply

Dear Inesa,

I am very touched by your letter and thank you for taking the time to buy my book and write me.
      I wish you all the best.
      Warmly,
      -ks

8. September 29, 2010 3:28 pm by karito Reply

Dear Kim:

i just close your book.i got it this weekend from the broward county library in hollywood, fl where im living at this moment.

It was a lazy saturday with rain letting us now that would hit us sooner than later and i rush to pick up a few books before it.

i saw the tittle and remind me of this scary tale of hansel and gretel and getting lost in the woods, i saw your picture and you look so pretty and untouch by the scars that later appears in your story.
    i finally got it because in the back of the book said that you were this young woman talking about her experiences in a lost land, the delicious pleasure and confort of food, the allure of Paris and your beginings in new orleans. I just move from new orleans and i was living in governor nicholls st casually the same st where your loved granparents where.

i felt your words, about that feeling of wanting something that you dont know where is, or how catch it, or how keep it.
    it make me feel less alone and less ungrateful? of all the love that i receive from my family and husband. like you, all my family said that im sooo lucky. i felt so many paralelism between your story and my life that it conforts me knowing that i havent been the only one “comiendose la olla” ( like said in spain) picking my brains and heart time after time.

i, like you, love poetry, food, sleeping in a warm bed next to the man i love and i have this whisper in my ear telling me that i should try to let myself go, stop of “playing with words” and start writing. for sure that it will have to be in spanish that is my maternal lenguaje. my english is too short and precise for what i want to say.

i had this memory coming to my head while i was reading your book, a short graphic novel that i read years ago about this young mail bride who travels from asia to canada to marry a man that she does not know. she have the same doubts, the same strengh and the same curiosity about herself as i think that young womens with hungry hearts have. she abandon her husband and try to flee with a friend but at the end she is too scare, too alone and submits to the destiny of being with a man she does not love and see herself like a beatiful ballerina tie with strong knots to the ground.

i found so brave of you at so young age risking losing love from a good man and financial security just for the being of star to knowing yourself.
    splendid. !

mis mejores deseos para ti, and the best of luck adding like freud that we deserve the luck that we have.
    chao!

9. October 19, 2010 5:52 pm by Seung Hee Reply

WOW!! This is amazing. :) I am very happy for you Kim!

10. November 16, 2010 6:15 pm by Stacey Reply

Mazel Tov Kim! So glad this is finally in Hebrew. And what a powerful, haunting cover.

?
    Stacey

11. March 31, 2011 1:01 pm by shlomitfogel Reply

Hi Kim,

I came across your book by utter coincidence in a book store in Israel a few months ago. The cover and name of it caught my eye, and without even opening it to read a few pages, I decided to buy it.
    Before I started properly reading, I paged through it, and fell in love with the concept of the recipes that you wove into the story with such sensitivity and grace.
    It took me quite a long time to get through the book, seeing that I am in the army, and don’t have too much spare time on my hands, but your story was, and I’m sure still is, absolutely breathtaking. I enjoyed every moment of it, and intend to buy many more copies to give away as gifts.
    I’m really quite happy that I discovered your blog, and I’m so excited that I can follow you and more of your story even after the book.

I hope you are doing well and are happy!
    Best wishes,